Sunday, May 10, 2009

Weekly Reflections

I enjoyed this week very much. I spent most of the first day getting a hang of the tools that I would be using for the rest of my time on senior project. I was already familiar with Lightroom and Photoshop because these are programs that I have used in other classes in the past.
The hardest thing for me to do was get organized, because I am not an organized person. However, when I make a page I must make sure that every picture I have edited in a certain way is matched with photos that have also been edited similarly. After my second page I started to get a good rhythm going which allowed me to produce pages more frequently.
I enjoyed what I was doing because this is a project that allows me to always be doing something that I love and to be with friends while I do it. It is my job to take pictures of things that are going on, and wherever things are going on, there are people enjoying them. I think the reason Chuck asked me to take over “Student Voices” was because before it was just students who had a little free time putting up pages every once and a while. But now that it is my project I can be putting up pages as often as Chuck’s Corner appears — or even more often.
Overall there were not any surprises that I didn’t see coming. One thing that did surprise me was that people do actually take the time to read Student Voices, and most of the feedback I’ve gotten so far has been good. I know my pages do need to be a bit longer, and the newer ones will be.
The major skill I have gained from this week’s work is organization. My room at home is very messy, my school bag is very messy, but everything I have that has to do with my senior project is in order and is always somewhere where I know I can find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment